TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Being a voice is administered by Monash Gallery of Art (MGA) (ABN 23 118 071 457), JOY Melbourne Inc (JOY) (ABN 52 334 960 331) and the City of Monash (ABN 23 118 071 457).
1. Entrants must either work, live, play or study in the City of Monash, identify as part of the LGBTQIA+ community and be 15–25 years old.
2. All forms of still photo-based media by entrants who meet the above criteria will be considered.
3. In addition to photo-based works, entrants also have the option to submit an audio recording that will augment the photographic works and will be accessible via a QR code online.
4. The selection of photographic images is made in digital form only. Posted entries will not be accepted.
5. Entrants must submit via the online form: https://monashgalleryofart.snapforms.com.au/form/being-a-voice. Images must be saved as jpeg files (max. size 5MB per image). Jpeg titles must use the following file name format: photographer’s surname_photographer’s firstname.jpg eg. smith_james.jpg. Jpeg file names must correspond with entrant's surname on the entry form. Entrants may submit a statement about the work.
6. Entrants can submit up to five images and one audio file. Subsequent entries will not be accepted.
7. Entries are open from 14 February until 11.59pm on 21 March 2022. The deadline has been extended and submissions are open until 11.59pm on 1 April 2022.
8. JOY and MGA retains the right to not use all submissions entered to the Being a voice project. MGA curators will select images for exhibition and reserve the right not to exhibit any work. It is entirely up to the discretion of both JOY and Monash Gallery of Art which submissions are used.
9. MGA curators will arrange for printing of the digital files and will determine the dimensions of the photographs for display.
10. The curators’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Entrants will be notified via email if your work is to be displayed at MGA during the exhibition. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified.
12. Successful submissions will be exhibited in MGA’s Atrium Gallery within the dates of the exhibition 13 May to 1 August 2022.
13. All entries accepted for exhibition must be available for continuous display at MGA throughout the period of the exhibition.
PROMOTION, RIGHTS AND PERMISSIONS
14. The entrant agrees to MGA, JOY and the City of Monash reproducing the entered work in all publicity and promotion of Being a voice and their activities subject to MGA, JOY and the City of Monash's discretion. This includes (but is not limited to) online exhibition advertising, social media posts and printed images in local press or annual report. The entrant will be acknowledged on all promotional material that utilises their image. The entrant retains copyright. You are required to agree to the statement: ‘Yes, I agree to the Terms & Conditions of entry, including the use of my image to promote Being a voice and MGA both online (eg. website, social media, exhibition advertising) and in print (eg. annual report).’
15. By submitting your photo and audio, you agree that as the copyright holder, you grant JOY Melbourne Inc (ABN 52 334 960 331), Monash Gallery of Art (ABN 23 118 071 457) and the City of Monash (ABN 23 118 071 457) a non-exclusive, commercial publication licence to use the audio and image as a part of the Being a voice exhibition as well, in any promotional materials, the podcast special produced as a part of the project, as well as by the City of Monash in any communications, reporting or projects they may undertake.
16. The copyright and ownership of the content shall remain with the creator, who agrees that they are the legal owner of this intellectual property.
17. The entrant must be the copyright holder for the works submitted and have gained parental consent for the depiction of any individuals who were aged 18 or under when the image was created. Proof of this must be made available on request. You are required to agree to the statement: ‘I am the copyright holder for all elements of my work (or I have purchased the rights to use these elements) and permission has been granted from all persons depicted in this work or their guardians if aged under 18.’
18. The entrant agrees to participate in media interviews and events if required.
19. All personal information gathered will be used solely for the purpose of administering Being a voice and your personal data is stored securely and privately by the City of Monash and JOY.
20. For further enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 03 8544 0500.